Summit properties believes in community. We believe in building vibrant, vital workplaces where people can express themselves, connect with their neighbours, and truly feel at home. If you are respectful of tradition and inspired by possibility, if you are driven to serve and destined to succeed, you belong on our team.
We are currently looking for an experienced Building Manager/Superintendent or Building Manager Couple to become an integral part of our Property Management Team. The Building Management position is a live in position and requires day-to-day maintenance and management in a wonderful high rise building in northwest London.
The ideal candidate(s) will have previous building management experience including maintenance and janitorial skills alongside excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills. We are also looking for someone that has some knowledge and experience working with a commercial pool and to be certified. The successful candidate will enjoy dealing with people and take pride in maintaining quality standards of the property. Exceptional communication and organizational skills as well as the physical ability to manage daily cleaning requirements are key to the operations.
This is a full-time, permanent, live in position and will require the individuals to be flexible in terms of working hours to address emergencies, inquiries and facilitate move-ins.
Building Manager/Superintendent Responsibilities and Duties
- Some cleaning of building areas and vacant suites on turnover
- Perform general maintenance or investigation for maintenance workers
- Conduct mechanical inspections regularly and in suite annual inspections
- Manage waste and recycling removal
- Ensure property is safe and free of hazards and be responsible for the health and welfare of our residents
- Address daily tenant issues, inquiries and requests
- Work with Property Manager and office staff to assist in building management as per the RTA and office administration duties as requested
Building Manager/Superintendent Qualifications
- Experience in cleaning and building management
- Pool management experience
- Knowledge of building mechanicals, basic repair and general maintenance
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule including regular weekends, occasional evenings and after hours for emergencies
- Physical strength and ability to push/pull garbage bins, shovel and remove snow and other duties as outlined by the Property Manager.
- Professional communication and presentation to tenants and the public
Summit Properties has an impressive portfolio in both commercial and residential properties throughout beautiful London, Ontario. We are growing with new projects and exciting developments.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only qualified applicants will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Weekend availability
- After hours as required
"*" indicates required fields